The responsibility of the Hillside Health Department is to protect and promote health, and prevent disease/injury. Public health services are focused on monitoring and improving the health status of the community. Daily functions of the Health Department include (but are not limited to):
• Providing information that residents request and noting and acting on resident concerns and complaints
• Responding to OPRA requests, requests for vital/health records
• Registration of dogs and cats
• Obtaining retails, mobile, vending and/or milk licenses
• Registering businesses that sell Electronic Cigarettes
• Working collaboratively with State Vital Statistics office as well as other Health Departments.
Along with the yearly licensing of dogs, the Health Department investigates all dog bites per state statute. Summonses are issued as needed and court appearances are done as required.
ROBIN KAUFMAN, RN, BSN
DIRECTOR, PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICES
PUBLIC HEALTH NURSE
REGISTRAR VITAL STATISTICS
(973) 926-4535 ext. 339
1409 Liberty Ave,
Hillside, NJ 07205
LEARN MORE ABOUT
Contact us for further information about any of these services!
Toni Batts, Clerk, Ext 344
Lisa McDuffie, Clerk, 342
De Zheng, Part-time Registered Environmental Specialist, Ext 341
Angelo Bonanno, Part-time Registered Environmental Specialist, Ext 341