Hillside Launches Recycle Coach
Hillside - For Township residents looking to become better recyclers, look no further than the Recycle Coach app—now available in Hillside. The Recycle Coach application provides recycling information in a clear and concise manner to improve recycling rates as well as successfully engage residents to learn about ‘Reduce, Re-use and Recycle” principles.
“The Township of Hillside is excited to join the Recycle Coach network, which will transform how we communicate local collection, waste, and recycling information to our residents. Beyond that, the platform includes engagement and educational tools to help people manage and correctly dispose of their waste,” said Dahlia Vertreese, Mayor of Hillside.
Residents can access Recycle Coach from their desktop computers, mobile devices, or through digital assistants like Amazon Alexa and Google Home. By leveraging the power of voice technology, the platform makes it easy for people to get local disposal information for thousands of household items when they need it. And the best part: it’s absolutely free.
With Recycle Coach, residents can:
• Stay organized with custom curbside collection and events calendars
• Receive collection reminders and real-time updates on service disruptions
• Become recycling experts with a comprehensive "What Goes Where?" search tool, including local disposal information and collection requirements for common and uncommon items
• Take the “What Type of Recycler Are You?” quiz for useful recycling tips and tricks
• Use the problem-reporting tool, equipped with geolocation, to notify municipal customer services about issues like missed collections
“Recycle Coach is an excellent opportunity for Hillside residents to obtain accurate, up-to-date information on recycling with the touch of a button,” Mayor Vertreese continued. “Hillside Governing Body is committed to promoting recycling and environmental sustainability throughout our Township, and we look forward to partnering with our residents on this exciting new program.”