Mission and Purpose
The Department of Public Works (DPW) is an organization that provides essential services that enhances the quality of life for everyone who lives, works, and visits our Township. DPW’s workforce of dedicated employees strive to maintain our infrastructure, parks, and municipal building in the most cost-efficient way.
Our purpose is to provide quality effective municipal public works service through:
- Service- to provide the best possible service to all we serve.
- Communication-we listen and respond with clear, compassionate and timely communication.
- Responsive-we react promptly to the needs of others.
- Teamwork- we achieve results by valuing diversity and partnerships within our organization and the community.
- Integrity- our employees are honest, ethical, fair and responsible.
Defining Public Works
Some of our physical attributes include, but not limited to, are municipal building maintenance and repairs, sanitation and recycling collection, snow removal, leaf collection, street cleaning, sewer maintenance, maintenance of township trees, potholes, damaged or replacement of street and traffic signs, traffic lights, maintenance of township parks and recreation, catch basin maintenance, enforcement of township ordinances, maintenance and repairs for all DPW and Township vehicles.
Anthony Russomanno, CPWM, CCCC
Tyrese Outlaw, CRP, SRMP, CCCC
Township of Hillside
Department of Public Works
274 Hillside Avenue
Hillside NJ 07205
Phone: (973) 926-1110
Fax: (973) 926-1165